King James I vs. the King James Bible: God’s Sovereignty in Preserving His Word 1. Who Was King James I? King James I of England is best known for one of the most influential Bible translations in history—the King James Version (KJV). Yet his life and character often provoke important questions: Was he a godly king? Did he translate the Bible? And why would God use an ungodly king to accomplish His will? History portrays King James I as a man of pride, indulgence, and questionable morality. His unnatural affections for his male favorites, such as Robert Carr and George Villiers, cast a shadow over his legacy. His excessive love of power, wasteful spending, and disregard for true Christian living further marred his reign. Despite this, his association with the KJV remains a pivotal part of church history. 2. King James I Did Not Translate the Bible Contrary to popular misconception, King James I did not personally translate the Bible. Rather, he authorized and commissioned the translati...
Comments
Post a Comment